Hopefully you’ve made the decision to improve your life with essential oils. Now you just want to know which brand you should choose. I want to share with you why I think Young Living (YL) outranks its competitors.
Whatever you do, don’t go cheap! The oils you see in the drugstore or pharmacy departments are NOT pure. They might have a percentage of essential oils in the bottle, but it is diluted with a carrier oil, like grape seed oil or coconut oil. That’s the reason those drugstores can sell them so cheap. Also, some of them contain artificial scents and that just defeats the purpose!
There are a couple of reputable companies that sell essential oils and making the choice of which company to buy from can be tricky. Here are the reasons I think YL is an impressive and honorable company to buy essential oils from.
- YL owns many of the farms they source their oils from. They take pride in selecting the most abundant seedlings before planting them, the crops are harvested at their peak, and then distilled with care.
- YL also tests their oils in-house and by a 3rd party to ensure purity and potency. By the time the oil is bottled, the oil is tested 45 times and then tested more after bottling! This is just another way that the company cares for its product.
- YL also does a lot of humanitarian work, especially for children. For instance, in Ecuador, YL built a school for children called Young Living Academy where kids are encouraged to stay in school and have successfully done so. They have a 97% graduation rate, where normally most kids dropout of school by 8th grade. YL also rebuilt 112 houses for the victims of a major earthquake in Nepal and rebuilt a school that they are also turning into a Young Living Academy. This is only a sample of the humanitarian work being done by YL.
- It is obvious that YL has high standards for their manufacturing because they care about the effectiveness of their products and the well-being of their workers, customers, and the world. Here is a short video that demonstrates those standards.
I’ve chosen YL for these reasons and because their oils have had a very positive impact on my life and the lives of my family and friends. There are other essential oil companies out there, like doTERRA, that have high standards, but there are some differences.
- doTERRA does not own any farms, they source their oils from partner farms. YL has 16 farms worldwide, only some are partner farms.
- doTERRA does not sell as many oils as YL. doTERRA has about 50 single oils they sell, where YL has about 85. doTERRA has about 30 blended oils, while YL has about 80. With so many more oils that YL provides, you can care for a larger variety of situations.
- Personally, I have done the smell test with one of doTERRA’s oils against a similar YL oil. doTERRA has a line called Breathe for respiratory health, the YL blend with many of the same ingredients, is called Raven. Raven had a much more potent aroma than doTERRA’s Breathe. This is not at all scientific, but until that point, I thought doTERRA was similar to YL. After that sniff test, I felt confident I made the right decision with YL.
I think both companies are reputable, the differences just stem from the fact that YL has been around longer, therefore they have had time to establish their practices for manufacturing and creating a larger selection of products. YL has been in business since 1994, and doTERRA since 2008.
I hope you found this article helpful in your quest for wellness. I wish you all the best with your decision about essential oils and the uses of them.
If you have already made the decision to use essential oils, I couldn’t be happier for you! However, if you still haven’t made that leap, you NEED to! Click here to see just how great you’ll feel and the enthusiasm we can share together for these oils.